Well, I guess you can say my love of photography was fate. When I was 10 years old I came across a classic Polaroid OneStep 600 Instant Camera at a local flea market. I purchased it with the little money I had and my infatuation with photography officially began.
And I suppose you can say that the way in which I met my wife was also fate. You see, Jordan and I went to the same summer camp throughout high school...but we never ran into each other.
However, when I was a sophomore in college, the cutest girls in school sat in front of me in one of my classes. She turned around to say something and I thought that my life was about to change.
However, instead of talking to me, she quipped a sarcastic remark to me and my friend and turned back around. Later in the cafeteria, as I was standing in line for food, she saddled up next to me and whispered, “save some for the rest of us, tubby.”
I was love-struck from that moment on and knew I had to date her. So, on my birthday, I asked her out on our first date because I knew she couldn’t refuse. And it worked! We’ve been dating ever since and were happily married in 2011.
It makes sense, then, that when I was bit by the entrepreneurial bug, after stints working with youth and at Google, wedding photography was the business I wanted to start.
Thanks to my beautiful and supportive wife, we dove into our new journey together with no clients and little money to our name. Fast forward a few years, a rescued black cat, a Shiba Inu, and about 1,000 good times, and we stand before you today as a premium wedding photography team!
I’m now blessed to photograph the stories of amazing couples full-time. We have a packed schedule - and shelf - of wedding clients and photographs. We service the greater Bay Area as well as destination weddings, and we’re happy to call all of our clients friends.
Why do we do it, you ask? Well, we desire to honor God. We get to use our creative flair to capture a couple’s memories. We believe in marriage and look to inspire young couples. We could go on, but I promise you we won’t.
Instead, give us a call and we can chat further. We’re excited for you to join the ToryJacob family, too!
We are two people deeply in love just like you.
Quick Facts About Tory
- I come from a large family with five siblings, 3 sisters + 2 brothers.
- I like to laugh and make people laugh, especially my clients!
- I’m a recovering perfectionist - It’s not going very well!
- I’m a big fan of outdoor recreation, especially outdoor weddings.
- I love animals of all sorts. My wife, however, doesn’t like it when I make all the animal noises at the zoo.
- I might be a foodie, but I could also eat Chipotle every day for the rest of my life. Does that make me a foodie?
- I’m a clean freak...which is probably why I can’t recover from my perfectionism
- I drink coffee black, and drink about five cups a day, is that bad?
- I love to travel. Visiting new places gets my blood pumping.
- I love technology and tech gadgets and would buy it all if my wife let me.
- My wife and I are polar opposites in all the ways that don't matter.